Monday, December 21, 2015

FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS TAKES ITS TOLL ON ME

0603hrs

Return from tea preparation to find mum rifling through the vast amount of just time and things in boxes under the bed I am not sleeping on in the room I am staying in (everyone’s, but especially my younger sister’s, belongings are everywhere around the house – the spare bedroom in the house I lease has a room just for her detritus in suitcases) after complaining about how I was sitting and typing and en route to rearranging furniture on her birthday I said ‘’What the hell are you doing?! Go to breakfast! I said I’ll move it now [the bed against the wall, perhaps, to allow for table and chair to sit at]’’
‘’I’m looking for something’’
‘’WHAT?!’’
‘’One particular bell I am looking for’’

I reached into a drawer and retrieved the bell. I have an exceptional if unpredictable memory. Happy birthday. Already I have used ‘’I found your bell, what more do you want from me?!’’ ‘’At least you HAVE a bell’’ and ‘’I got you that bell!’’ and only half an hour has elapsed.

Events occur in real time.

0615hrs


Having told her (the refrain of both my parents ever ‘’show me when it’s done/don’t tell me you are doing something’’) I had actually written something and she would read it today I of course regretted it for a number of reasons, which temporarily is only two, to mind, but one being a fear of her dying on her way to or from breakfast thinking I have yet again made a claim or promise to go unfulfilled and be sad for me, which in turn opened one of the houses countless trapdoors. The entire house was made with trapdoors, very eco-friendly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment