Monday, December 21, 2015

PASS THE BUTTER

What appears as enmity or ill will is in fact just writing, trying be funny, trying to be honest. It's material and if it works or doesn't one way here it might some other way another place. The work comes first, the heat loss (which I believe is the definition of work in thermodynamics? Probably not and meaningless here anyway, something to type). It's also not necessarily true. It is crafted, well or not. I am full of laughter and I love my mother. Our favourite shared joke is from a Richard Prince canvas with a version of a joke on it, his:

Two psychiatrists, one to the other: I was having lunch with my mother the other day and I made a Freudian slip. I had meant to say ''Pass the butter'' but instead I said ''You fucking bitch you ruined my life!''


No comments:

Post a Comment